Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Seniors give Daschle health reform ideas


Alethea Campbell said she wanted more emphasis on medical research, particularly for Alzheimer's Disease. "My family is loaded with Alzheimer's. I feel like I'm going to be a victim of it," she said. "What is going to happen to me four or five years down the road. Who is going to take care of me?"
Eugene Kinlow wants greater emphasis on helping people live more healthy lifestyles. "A major part of the cost problem is us. We keep driving up the cost of health care, all of us, in our daily behavior and habits," he said.
"It's conversations like this that put us on the right track," Daschle told the audience. "It's discussions like this that give us a better understanding of how it should be done."
Read it

No comments:

Post a Comment